Could you be our new Camp Cook?
TGC is seeking an experienced camp cook to become part of the TGC team for its Learning Away camping programme May – July 2019.
London state school primary children will join the TGC team for 2, 3 or 4-night camps over the period May, June and July 2019 in Chiddingstone and Kingsdown, Kent.
Short term (10-11 week tbc) contract 1 May – 12 July 2019.
The ideal candidate will be creative with an enthusiastic and accommodating manner. A keenness to be a key player in the team is essential.
The TGC cook will also help to compile a typed list of campfire cooking recipes, photographs and quantities.
Role duties will include
- Experience of cooking for large groups of people on a campfire
- Research of delicious and interesting vegetarian and nut-free dishes for groups of up to 50 children and adults per meal
- Ability to accommodate dietary requirements
- Purchase of food, drinks and equipment in good time and in line with TGC’s environmental policy
- Proven ability to manage the health and safety around cooking on a campfire
- Availability to attend the following training:
First Aid for Outdoor Learning in Natural Environments on 6th and 7th March (Islington)
Camp Fire Management Award training on 26th April (Faversham)
Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Outdoor Cooking training on 29th April (Faversham)
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter/email to away@thegardenclassroom.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview before 12th January 2019
- Phone interviews will take place w/c 28 January 2019 (or upon receipt of application)
- Successful interviewees will be invited to attend a workshop trial day in Islington on Friday 8th February 2019
The safeguarding of young people in our care is essential.
All TGC employees are required to adhere to TGC’s Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures including a full DBS check and two references.