TGC runs a programme of school residentials and day visits to beautiful countryside locations within easy reach of London
The TGC Countryside team is made up of highly-skilled Forest School practitioners who operate with a trauma-informed approach informed by training with accredited cognitive behavioural therapist Kati Taunt.
TGC Countryside residentials and day visits work with schools to focus on connecting children with nature and supporting the children's needs.
Research from Learning Away shows that the long-term benefits of residentials include:
- Improved achievement, progress and attainment
- Improved knowledge, skills and understanding
- Improved relationships
- Improved engagement
- Improved behaviour and attendance
- More successful transition experiences (at all key stages)
- Raised aspirations
- Greater cohesion and a sense of belonging