COVID-19: update on TGC’s services
Updated 20th April 2021
All of TGC’s sites and sessions have been made COVID secure in alignment with Public Health England’s guidance. We ask that when you book you assess your group sizes inline with national COVID-19 guidelines and please do not attend our sessions if you display any coronavirus symptoms.
Government guidance encourages the use of outdoor learning, due to being outside limiting transmission and allowing easier distancing between people. TGC are using the following methods to keep you safe:
- Activities taking place outside in the fresh air
- Handwashing troughs for regular handwashing
- Regular cleaning of the shared toilets and shower
- Equipment cleaned between groups
- TGC staff doing regular lateral flow tests
- Limiting group size in line with the government education guidance and school policies
- Equipment not shared between groups and cleaned thoroughly between use
- Assessing our sites to check they are Covid Secure
- Activities adapted if required for urban areas and busier sites to limit contact with people
- TGC staff will maintain their distance from the group
Based on the latest government guidance we are currently designing and delivering outdoor learning programmes of support for London organisations. Services include school staff CPD training and direct services of outdoor learning either on school grounds or in a local park for children in small groups. Outdoor leaning in natural environments will play a crucial role in helping schools to honour social distancing requirements and to improve mental and physical health and wellbeing.
We continue to follow the latest guidance from Public Health England as it is published https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/actions-for-schools-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/schools-coronavirus-covid-19-operational-guidance#educational-visits
CPD training services will include ITC First accredited training including qualifications such as Forest School Level 3, ITC’s Learning Beyond the Classroom, and first aid for outdoor learning and more. We can also design and deliver training to suit your school’s requirements.
Please email email@example.com to find out more or sign up for the next TGC newsletter.
Book a learning session
To book a TGC outdoor learning session for small groups of up to 10 children in a London park please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions start from £150 with discounts for block booking of 10 sessions or more.
TGC will provide a risk assessment with social distancing instructions and structure. In particular we encourage schools to book early for the new academic year as we foresee an increase in demand.