TGC becomes an FSA Recognised Forest School Provider!
TGC has been providing outdoor learning experiences to urban children for over a decade and have now reached new levels of recognition by attaining the highly regarded Forest School Association (FSA) badge!
The FSA is the professional body and UK-wide voice for Forest School, promoting best practice, cohesion and ‘quality Forest School for all‘. The Recognition Badge establishes TGC as a provider of the highest standard of Forest School and nature connection delivery, aligned with the FSA’s six principles:
- To communicate a strong, clear vision of what Forest School is
- To develop and maintain the curriculum content for approved Forest School qualifications
- To work together to increase opportunities for people to experience quality Forest School in the UK
- To provide a central point for collecting, storing and sharing information about Forest School and good practice in Forest School (including notes on good practice, advice on choosing leaders, and advice on choosing trainers
- To stimulate, store and share practitioner and academic research and learn from it
- To work collaboratively with other organisations with similar goals and in related areas
“We are thrilled to now be an FSA Recognised School Provider” says Rohan Knox, TGC’s Urban Forest School Manager. “It allows us to confidently continue to grow our Forest School sessions to children in areas of deprivation who need it most. The accreditation shows the high quality work of our facilitators and we can’t wait to bring all the benefits of Forest School to even more children in Islington and Hackney”.
Forest School is an outdoor learning process which inspires holistic, cognitive and emotional growth in children and improves confidence and self-esteem. At TGC we have aptly named our sessions ‘Urban Forest School’ to define them as ones that offer the opportunity of these outdoor learning experiences to children in the nature-deprived London boroughs Islington and Hackney.