Gillespie Park, winner of the Green Flag Award in 2019 and the London Conservation Area of the Year award in London in Bloom 2015, is Islington’s largest nature reserve. It is home to Islington Ecology Centre – a visitor and education centre which can be booked for events.
- 2.8 hectare nature reserve which is home to a wealth of wildlife, including 244 species of plants, 94 species of birds and 24 types of butterflies.
- Ponds, woodland and meadow areas.
- The park’s Ecology Centre gives advice on wildlife, gardening and sustainable living.
- The Ecology Centre runs events, takes school bookings and is available for hire for meetings and parties
A perfect combination of wooded areas, wild areas, and gathering places.
The Ecology Centre offers exciting, curriculum-linked education programmes for pre-school groups and primary schools. The programme is open to groups and schools from all boroughs.
Pupils can enjoy a variety of stimulating, tailored sessions, designed to enthuse and engage young people with their environment.
Opening times and fees
The park is open to the public from 8am to dusk daily, except on days of Arsenal stadium events when it is closed.
Other information or resources
The Volunteer Group meets every Thursday from 10am to 3.30pm and carries out work on the three nature reserves.
Activities include cutting meadows, weeding the wildlife garden, coppicing trees, cutting back bramble and pond maintenance. You don’t need any experience and all tools are provided.
- Risk Assessment
- Talks / Guided Tours
- Accessibility / Accessible Toilets
- Bag storage
- Drinking Fountain
- Indoor classroom
- TGC sessions
- Picnic Area / Lunch area
10 Tannington Terrace, Gillespie Rd, London N5 1LE