The Garden Classroom is Recruiting – Be part of our 2019 Brilliant Residentials Learning Away programme
TGC is seeking to increase its bank of excellent facilitators in preparation for its forthcoming 2019 Brilliant Residentials Learning Away camping programmes.
London state school primary children will join the TGC team for 2, 3 or 4-night camps over the period May, June and July 2019. TGC sites are in Chiddingstone and Kingsdown, Kent.
We are interested in finding people who are experienced and passionate about delivering high quality outdoor learning in natural environments in a camping environment.
Ideal candidates will already have the following skills / training
• Forest School Level 3
• Teaching qualifications (e.g. PGCE)
• Extensive experience working with young people in
the outdoors (woodlands and coastal environments preferred)
• Forest Schools first aid training (completed within
the last 12 months) and/or confirmed availability for 6 & 7 March to attend TGC’s First Aid for Outdoor Learning in Natural Environments 2 day training course in Islington (based on the Forest School syllabus)
• Wildlife / flora & fauna interest and knowledge
• A full clean driving licence (and willingness to drive)
• Availability for a minimum of 4 weeks over the period 4th May – 19 July 2019
• Availability to attend the following training:
Camp Fire Management Award training on 26th April (Faversham)
TGC Tree & Woodland Awareness training on 30th April 2019 (Chiddingstone)
Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 Outdoor Cooking training on 29th April (Faversham).
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter/email to away@thegardenclassroom.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview before 12th January 2019
- Phone interviews will take place w/c 28 January 2019 (or upon receipt of application)
- Successful interviewees will be invited to attend a workshop trial day in Islington on Friday 8th February 2019