Our exciting programme of events and experience offer opportunities to learn new skills and explore local nature with our inspiring team. Fantastic gifts for the curious and adventurous or a great gift to yourself!
Reframing Challenging Behaviour in the Outdoors
3 day all-outdoor course in North London with Jon Cree, hosted by TGC
Monday 18th-Wednesday 20th July 09.30-5pm each day
This inspiring and informative 3-day course will be delivered by legendary ecological educator and trainer Jon Cree at a beautiful natural oasis in North London. We will be looking at the diverse needs that learners may have (including our own as educators) and how we can work alongside these needs. The training will show how working in and ‘with’ the natural world can support us all in making our own choices about pro-social and pro-ecological behaviour. The course takes a problem solving and collaborative approach to working through tricky and sometimes conflicting situations. For the 3 days we will be delving into our own behaviours, as educators, and how we react to other ‘beings’ – human and non-human. We will exploring:
- what behaviours challenge us as facilitators/educators in the outdoors
- theories and reframing theories on what influences ‘behaviour’
- up-to-date neural and body-based research into triggers and causes for reactive behaviours
- research on how contact with the natural world supports our own nervous systems and can redirect attention
- how do we as educators self-regulate and the co-regulate with learners and the more than human world
- ways of dealing with 'real life' scenarios in the outdoors
- how to transfer outdoor strategies into an indoor and other settings
- reviewing your own behaviour policies and procedures
+ optional £80 for accreditation (An average of 8 hours of further study and submission of a portfolio will be required for accreditation. This will be agreed and paid during the course)
Talk with Q&A
29th March 2022
Camley Street Natural Park
An inspiring evening with two fantastic speakers at the beautiful Camley Street Natural Park.
With Jon Cree (Forest School Association) and Alison Kriel (International Speaker), Reimaginiung Education explores outdoor learning in natural spaces, inclusion and positive approaches to behaviour management.
An inspiring talk and Q&A for anyone interested in Forest School, education, envioronmental education; for teachers, youth leaders, parents and carers.
Tickets £10. Gates open 5.30pm