The Garden Classroom seeks a new Treasurer
For the last decade The Garden Classroom has been working with children, families and schools to promote a vital connection with nature through Learning in Natural Environments.
Last year we worked with thirty primary schools in thirteen venues across Islington, Hackney and Kent and over 6000 children and young people. We bring nature to life for children and young people using urban green spaces in a meaningful way, directly cultivating an interest in the natural world. Our patrons include Joe Swift from BBC Gardener’s World.
Seeking a Skilled Treasurer
We are seeking a Treasurer who is skilled in working with a team to work with the core team (Senior Programme Manager and Finance Officer) to present accurate and clear financial data to help lead this award-winning charity into its exciting next phase.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about TGC’s aims and objectives www.thegardenclassroom.org.uk and willing to volunteer time to:
- Attend 5-6 evening Trustee meetings (usually 5-8pm in Islington or Clerkenwell) per year.
- Attend two thank you / celebration evening events in July and December.
- Set up and chair a finance sub-committee to meet 3 times per year.
- Write a Treasurers report and present cash flow reconciliation, forecast and budget at the Trustees meetings.
- Work closely with the TGC core team (Senior Programme Manager and Finance Officer) to ensure that TGC’s systems are compliant with charity and business requirements.
- Be available to help answer any queries via email / phone as and when reasonably required.
- Be committed to aspiring to 100% attendance and a term of 3 years.
Preference will be given to a Treasurer who is North London based and be available to meet with the Chair, CEO and incoming Managing Director.
After this initial meeting, the candidate would then be invited to attend a TGC session and observe a TGC Trustees meeting – Our next meeting is Tuesday 25th September 4-5.30pm at AHMM, Clerkenwell, EC1
Our accounts of the year ending 31st August 2017 are on the Charity Commission website and we can email upon request.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07974 353148.