Secret Garden Theatre Project
The Secret Garden Theatre Project is a unique theatrical experience for anyone aged 7 to 13 with an interest in live theatre, open-air performance and theatre design.
Each summer, The Secret Garden Theatre Project mounts an open-air promenade performance of a Shakespeare play in just one week taking inspiration from the natural setting of King Henry’s Walk Garden.
Previous productions include A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Twelfth Night. Performers get involved in creating the world of the play with prop and costume making and performing Shakespeare’s text in an exciting performance in the garden.
There are drama skills intensive days also available in the Easter break each year.
Booking now for our 2020 projects
Easter drama skills and games
- 14th & 15th April 2020, 9.30am – 3.30pm
- Cost £35 per day per child. For ages 7-13
- Build confidence, make friends and practice open-air performance skills. An ideal introduction to our summer project.
Summer Shakespeare project
- 20th – 24th July 2020, 9.30am-2.30 pm
- Cost £150 per child. For ages 7-13
- Spend a week in the garden with Amy and Viv from The Garden Classroom creating a unique performance for family and friends.