Get Learning Outdoors on Newington Green, Islington
Get your whole school learning outdoors with free resources to download and supporting CPD training.
Engage the whole school in active, outdoor learning with our curriculum linked trails covering maths, science and history.
nature on the greenDownload Early years: nature on the green
|Year 1 & 2:
how we use the greenDownload Year 1 & 2: how we use the green
|Year 3 & 4:
a history trailDownload Year 3 & 4: a history trail
|Year 5 & 6:
a trees trailDownload Year 5 & 6: a trees trail
How to use the trails and book a session time
- Print as many copies of the trail as you need for each session.
- Book in the date and time of your session with The Garden Classroom so we can put you on the Islington events calendar and make sure you have an accessible toilet and water for the children as well as the equipment needed for each trail.
- We recommend at least a one hour session to get the most out of the trails.
- There is a hosting fee of £20 for each session.
- Bring your own clipboards, pencils and one class at a time (maximum 30 pupils)
Also available: Supporting two hour CPD session on Newington Green to try out the trails and develop approaches on delivering a high quality outdoor learning session.
For more information contact schools@thegardenclassroom.